This file contains several lists of jokes comparing men and women.
Date Received: Thu, 8 May 1997
- Women mature much faster than men. Most 17-year old females can function
as adults. Most 17-year old males are still trading baseball cards and giving
each other wedgies after gym class. This is why high school romances rarely
- To their credit, men do not decorate their penmanship. They just
chicken-scratch. Women use scented, colored stationary and they dot their "i's"
with circles and hearts. Women use ridiculously large loops in their "p's" and
"g's". It is a royal pain to read a note from a woman. Even when she's dumping
you, she'll put a smiley face at the end of the note.
- Let's say a small group of men and women are in a room, watching
television, and an episode of the Three Stooges comes on. Immediately, the men
will get very excited; they will laugh uproariously, and even try to imitate
the actions of Curly, man's favorite Stooge. The women will roll their eyes and
groan and wait it out.
- A man has six items in his bathroom -- a toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving
cream, razor, a bar of Dial soap, and a towel from the Holiday Inn. The average
number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 437. A man would not be able
to identify most of these items.
- A woman makes a list of things she needs and then goes out to the store
and buys these things. A man waits till the only items left in his fridge are
half a lime and a beer. Then he goes grocery shopping. He buys everything that
looks good. By the time a man reaches the checkout counter, his cart is packed
tighter than the Clampett's car on Beverly Hillbillies. Of course, this will
not stop him from going to the 10-items-or-less lane.
- When preparing for work, a woman will put on a Mondi wool suit, then slip
on Reebok sneakers. She will carry her dress shoes in a plastic bag from Saks.
When a woman gets to work, she will put on her dress shoes. Five minutes later,
she will kick them off because her feet are under the desk. A man will wear the
same pair of shoes all day.
- GOING OUT:
- When a man says he is ready to go out, it means he is ready to go out.
When a woman says she is ready to go out, it means she WILL be ready to go out,
as soon as she finds her earrings, finishes putting on her makeup...
- DRESSING UP:
- A woman will dress up to: go shopping, water the plants, empty the
garbage, answer the phone, read a book, get the mail. A man will dressup for:
- Women do laundry every couple of days. A man will wear every article of
clothing he owns, including his surgical pants that were hip about eight years
ago, before he will do his laundry. When he is finally out of clothes, he will
wear a dirty sweatshirt inside out, rent a U-Haul and take his mountain of
clothes to the laundromat. Men always expect to meet beautiful women at the
laundromat. This is a myth perpetuated by re-runs of old episodes of "Love,
- Men wear sensible socks. They wear standard white sweat socks. Women wear
strange socks. Socks that are cut way below the ankles, that have pictures of
clouds, that have a big fuzzy ball on the back.
- If Gloria, Suzanne, Deborah and Michelle go out for lunch, they willcall
each other Gloria, Suzanne, Deborah and Michelle. But if Mike, Dave,Rob and
Jack go out for a brewsky, they will affectionately refer to each other as
Bullet-Head, Godzilla, Peanut-Head and Useless.
- EATING OUT:
- ... and when the check comes, Mike, Dave, Rob and Jack will each throw in
$20 bills, even though it's only for $22.50. None of them will have anything
smaller, and none will actually admit they want change back. When the women get
their check, out come the pocket calculators.
- Men are vain; they will check themselves out in a mirror. Women are
ridiculous; they will check out their reflections in any shiny surface:
mirrors, spoons, store windows, Joe Garagiola's head.
- THE TELEPHONE:
- Men see the telephone as a communication tool. They use the telephone to
send short messages to other people. A woman can visit her girlfriend for two
weeks, and upon returning home, she will call the same friend and they will
talk for three hours.
- First of all, a man does not call it a relationship -- he refers to it as
"that time when me and Suzie were doing it on a semi-regular basis". When a
relationship ends, a woman will cry and pour her heart out to her girlfriends,
and she will write a poem titled "All Men Are Idiots". Then she will get on
with her life. A man has a little more trouble letting go. Six months after the
break-up, at 3:00 a.m. on a Saturday night, he will call and say, "I just
wanted to let you know you ruined my life, and I'll never forgive you, and I
hate you, and you're a total floozy. But I want you to know that there's always
a chance for us." This is known as the "I Hate You / I Love You" drunken phone
call that 99% of all men have made at least once. There are community colleges
that offer courses to help men get over this need; alas, these classes rarely
- Women prefer 30-40 minutes of foreplay. Men prefer 30-40 seconds of
foreplay. Men consider driving back to her place as part of the foreplay.
- If a woman is out driving, and she finds herself in unfamiliar
surroundings, she will stop at a gas station and ask for directions. Men
consider this to be a sign of weakness. Men will never stop and ask for
directions. Men will drive in a circle for hours, all the while saying things
like, "Looks like I've found a new way to get there." and, "I know I'm in the
general neighborhood. I recognize that 7-11 store."
- ADMITTING MISTAKES:
- Women will sometimes admit making a mistake. The last man who admitted he
was wrong was General George Custer.
- RICHARD GERE:
- Women like Richard Gere because he is sexy in a dangerous way. Men hate
Richard Gere because he reminds them of that slick guy who works at the health
club and dates only married women.
- Same as above, but reversed. Same reason.
- Little girls love to play with toys. Then when they reach the age of 11 or
12, they lose interest. Men never grow out of their obsession with toys. As
they get older, their toys simply become more expensive and silly and
impractical. Examples of men's toys: little miniature TV's. Car phones.
Complicated juicers and blenders. Graphic equalizers. Small robots that serve
cocktails on command. Video games. Anything that blinks, beeps, and requires at
least 6 "D" batteries to operate.
- A woman asks a man to water her plants while she is on vacation. The man
waters the plants. The woman comes home five or six days later to an apartment
full of dead plants. No one knows why this happens.
- Men take photography very seriously. They'll shell out $4000 for state of
the art equipment, and build dark rooms and take photography classes. Women
purchase Kodak Instamatics. Of course, women always end up taking better
- LOCKER ROOMS:
- In the locker room men talk about three things: money, football, and
women. They exaggerate about money, they don't know football nearly as well as
they think they do, and they fabricate stories about women. Women talk about
one thing in the locker -- sex. And not in abstract terms, either. They are
extremely graphic and technical, and they never lie.
- Women use garages to park their cars and store their lawnmowers. Men use
garages for many things. They hang license plates in garages, they watch TV in
garages, and they build useless lopsided benches in garages.
- Every actress in the history of movies has had to do a nude scene. This is
because every movie in the history of movies has been produced by a man. The
only actor who has ever appeared nude in the movies is Richard Gere. This is
another reason why men hate him.
- Women look nice when they wear jewelry. A man can get away with wearing
one ring and that's it. Any more than that and he will look like a lounge
singer named Vic.
- SPORT ARENAS:
- Simply put, men can always find their way around stadiums and arenas. The
women usually end up following men.
- When a woman says she'll be ready to go out in five more minutes, she's
using the same meaning of time as when a man says the football game's just got
five minutes left. Neither of them is counting time outs, commercials, or
- Men need a good disagreement to get talking, e.g., "Wow, great movie.",
"What are you, nuts? No REAL cop would have an Uzi that size.", "Well, maybe he
got it because he knew about those Mafia guys", etc. Women, not having this
problem, try to initiate conversations with men by saying something agreeable:
"That garden by the roadside looks lovely." "Mm hmm." Pause. "That was a good
restaurant last night, wasn't it?" "Yeah." Pause. And so on.
- Women on a girls' night out talk the whole time. Men on a boys' night out
say about twenty words all night, most of which are "Pass the Doritos"or "Got
any more beer?"
- Men use restrooms for purely biological reasons. Women use restrooms as
social lounges. Men in a restroom will never speak a word to each other. Women
who've never met will leave a restroom giggling together like old friends. And
never in the history of the world has a man excused himself from a restaurant
table by saying, "Hey, Tots, I was just about to take a leak. Do you want to
SIMPLY PUT... WOMEN SPEAK IN ESTROGEN AND MEN LISTEN IN TESTOSTERONE...
Men and Women: The Differences
Fri, 1 May 1998
A man is a person who will pay two dollars for a one-dollar item he wants. A
woman will pay one dollar for a two-dollar item that she doesn't want.
A woman will always cherish the memory of the man who wanted to marry her; a
man, of the woman who he didn't.
A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never
worries about the future until he gets a wife.
Men marry because they are tired. Women marry because they are curious. Both
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A
successful woman is one who can find such a man.
To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot and love him a little.
To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot and not try to understand her
Married men live longer than single men, But married men are a lot more
willing to die. Any married man should forget his mistakes - no use two people
remembering the same thing.
The Style: Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed. Women somehow
deteriorate during the night.
Marriage: A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't. A
man marries a woman expecting that she won't change and she does.
The Battle: A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says
after that is the beginning of a new argument.
Husbands: Only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. One is to
let her think she is having her own way, and the other is to let her have it.
There are two times when a man doesn't understand a woman - before marriage
and after marriage