1) Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go.
2) Use of soap wrapper: Don't throw away the wrapper after removing a bar of soap. Place it inside your shoe cabinet or shoe box. It's a cheap way of filling the air with a nice smell.
3) If your polished furniture has small scratches: Try rubbing them with a shelled walnut. You'll see the scratches just disappear!
4) Are your shoes smelly: Here's a solution. Put some tea leaves into a pair of stockings and stuff each into a shoe. Leave for a day or two and the smell just vanishes!
5) Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
6) If you have problem opening jars: Try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy!
7) Tips for stamp collectors: Place the envelope in the freezer for a few hours. You'll then be able to easily lift the stamps off with a pair of tweezers.
8) To keep buttons from dropping off: Dab a drop of clear nail polish onto the thread the secures the buttons. This will harden and make it more difficult for thread to break off.
1) Are cockroaches in your home driving you mad? Try this tested trick. Fill a large bowl with cheap wine and leave it under the sink. The pests will drink it, get drunk, fall in the bowl and drown...easy!
2) To avoid hurting your fingers while hammering metal nails into the wall: Hold the nails with a wooden clothes peg instead. So even if you miss, you won't get hurt.
3) To take the tears out of chopping onions: Plug in a portable fan and turn it to high. It'll help blow away the fumes from your eyes -- no more tears!
4) Potatoes will take food stains off your fingers. Just slice and rub raw potato on the stains and rinse with water.
5) To get rid of itch from mosquito bite: try applying soap on the area instant relief!
6) Ants, ants, ants everywhere ... Well, they are said to never cross a chalk line. So get your chalk out and draw a line on the floor or wherever ants tend to march-see for yourself!
7) Egg shells can be used to clean glass bottles: Break the shells into pieces, drop them into the bottle with a few drops of detergent and a bit of water, and shake vigorously. Then rinse with water.
8) Don't panic if your soup's too salty: Add cut raw potatoes and throw them away once they are cooked and have absorbed the salt. Your soup's saved!
1) To return discolored socks to their original color: Boil them in a pot of water with a few slices of lemon. The fruit acts as a natural bleach.
2) Use air-freshener to clean mirrors: It does a good job and better still, leaves a lovely smell to the shine.
3) If you have problem with slippery shoelaces that refuse to stay tied: Rub them with a candle and make them less slippery so that knots stay put.
4) If you have stubborn grease stains on your work clothes: Add a bottle of Coke with detergent. It'll help loosen the grease.
5) Renew the features on your old faded dolls' faces: By blending in a cream foundation. Then apply a little rouge on the cheeks and for lips, nail polish. Waterproof mascara can be used on eyes lashes.
6) Dirty marks on your white court shoes: Just drop some medicated oil on a piece of cloth and clean off those dirty marks on your white court shoes. They'll be looking as good as new again.
After a tattoo is done, the artist puts some salve on it and covers it with a gauze pad for 24 hours. Then the person is told to keep it moist with either triple antibiotic ointment, or something of the sort. Preparation-H works wonders, and won't allow any of the color to fade during the healing of the tattoo. It doesn't have an offensive odor, and keeps the tattoo from drying out as well. The healing time is cut in half, compared to other ointments.
This page last updated .
|Return to...||Lists Index Page||Humor Index page||Home Page|