Friday, November 07, 2003
By Elsie Hobbs
- TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE: "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
- RELIGION: "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
- About TIME TRAVEL: "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
- LOGIC: "Because I said so, that's why."
- MORE LOGIC: "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."
- FORESIGHT: "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
- IRONY: "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."
- About the science of OSMOSIS: "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
- About CONTORTIONISM: "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
- About WEATHER: "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
- About STAMINA: "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
- About HYPOCRISY: "If I told you once, I've told you a million times! Don't exaggerate!"
- The CIRCLE OF LIFE: "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."
- About ANTICIPATION: Just wait until we get home."
- GENETICS: "You're just like your father."
- ESP: "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"
- HUMOR: "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
- HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT: "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
- MEDICAL SCIENCE: "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."
- About my ROOTS: "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
- WISDOM: "When you get to my age, you'll understand."
- Last but not least, my mother taught me about JUSTICE: "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"