Tue, 14 May 2002
I don't know if these are Jack Handey Deep Thoughts or look-alikes. They're
funny, though. [HR]
- Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when
you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes.
- If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let go,
because, they're gone, man. They're gone.
- If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them
down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
- To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when
you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You
can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."
- The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the
- I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our
children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.
- If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him
is, "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to
tell him is, "Probably because of something you did."
- If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror
because I bet that's what REALLY throws you into a panic.
- Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first
instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on
me? Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
- To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no
choreography, and the dancers hit each other.
- I hope if dogs ever take over the world and they choose a king, they
don't just go by size because I bet there are some chihuahuas with some good
- Maybe in order to understand mankind we have to look at that word
itself. MANKIND. Basically, it's made up of two separate words "mank" and
"ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery and so is mankind.
- If you go flying back through time and you see somebody else flying
forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye contact.
- It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I
guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back
and forth, wanting that money.
- As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red
again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of
honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.
- I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it.
- I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in
my brain because later, you might think you're having a good idea but it's
really just the eggs hatching.
- Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right there,
in the room talking to you, which is why I don't like to read good books.
- Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out
it, and if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait-I guess that's like a regular
- During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not
putting on your armor because you were "just going down to the corner."
- When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call
the police. But then, I got curious about it. And I picked it up, and started
wondering who this person was and why he had deer horns.
- Remember, kids in the backseat cause accidents; accidents in the
backseat cause kids.