Tue, 8 Jul 1997
SITUATION ADAPTABILITY EVALUATION FOR MANAGEMENT PERSONNEL
This test has been designed to evaluate reactions of management personnel to
various situations. The situations are based on actual case studies from a well
known educational institution and represent a cross-section of test data
correlated to evaluate both reaction time to difficult situations as well as the
soundness of each decision selected.
There are 8 multiple choice questions. Read each question thoroughly. Place
an "X" by the answer you feel is most correctly justified by the circumstances
given. Be prepared to justify your decision. If you are unable to make an "X"
because your pencil has become too dull, please ask a proctor for assistance. A
sharp stick will be provided to assist you in gaining the attention of the
You have 4 minutes
(Do not turn this page until told to do so)
- You have prepared a proposal for the regional director of purchasing of your
largest customer. The success of this presentation will mean increasing your
sales to his company by 200%. In the middle of your proposal the customer leans
over to look at your report and spits into your coffee. You:
- Tell him you prefer your coffee black.
- Ask to have him checked for any communicable diseases.
- Take a leak in his "out" basket.
- You are having lunch with a prospective customer talking about what could be
your biggest sale of the year. During the conversation a blonde walks into the
restaurant and she is so stunning you draw your companion's attention to her and
give a vivid description of what you would do if you had her alone in your
motel. She walks over to the table and introduces herself as your client's
daughter. Your next move is to:
- Ask for her hand in marriage.
- Pretend you've forgotten how to speak English.
- Repeat the conversation to the daughter and just hope for the best.
- You are making a sales presentation to a group of corporate executives in the
plushest office you've ever seen. The hot enchilada casserole and egg salad
sandwich you had for lunch react, creating severe pressure. Your sphincter loses
its control and you break wind in a most convincing manner causing 3 water
tumblers to shatter and a secretary to pass out. What you should do next is:
- Offer to come back next week when the smell has gone away.
- Point out their chief executive and accuse him of the offense.
- Challenge anyone in the room to do better.
- You are at a business lunch when you are suddenly overcome with an
uncontrollable desire to pick your nose. Remembering this is definitely a No-No, you:
- Pretend to wave to someone across the room and with one fluid motion, bury your finger in your nostril right up to the 4th joint.
- Get everyone drunk and organize a nose picking contest with a prize to the one who makes his nose bleed first.
- Drop your napkin on the floor and when you bend over to pick it up, blow your nose on your sock.
- You've just spent the evening with a supplier who invited you to an all night
boilermaker drinking party. You get home just in time to go to work. You stagger
to the men's room and spend the next half hour vomiting. As you're washing up at
the sink, the sales training director walks up, blows cigar smoke in your face,
and asks you to join him for a drink after work. You:
- Look him straight in the eye and launch one last convulsive torrent at the front of his Hart Schaffner & Marx suit.
- Nail him right in the crotch, banking on the fact that he'll never recognize your green face.
- Grasp his hand and pump it till he wets in his pants.
- You are at dinner with a customer and his wife, who looks like the regional
runner-up in the Lassie look-a-like contest. Halfway through dinner you feel a
hand on your lap. If you are resourceful you will:
- Accidently spill hot coffee in your lap.
- Slip a note to the waiter to have your customer paged and see if the hand goes away when he does.
- Excuse yourself and go to the men's room. If he follows, don't come out until you have a signed order.
- You're on your way to see your best account when your zipper breaks and you
discover that you forgot to put on your underpants that morning. You decide to:
- Call on the customer's secretary instead.
- Explain that you were just trolling for queers.
- Buy a baggy raincoat and head for the school playground.
- You've just returned from a trip to Green Bay, Wisconsin in January and tell
your boss that nobody but whores and football players live there. He mentions
that his wife is from Green Bay. You:
- Ask what position she played.
- Ask if she's still working the streets.
- Pretend you're suffering amnesia and don't remember your own name.
(Close booklet at this time and wait for a proctor to collect all items
before leaving the testing center. Do not continue poking proctor with sharp
stick after test forms have been collected.)
Good luck with your educational pursuits. Your scores will be mailed to you
in approximately 360 weeks.